Soft and Stretchy Hip Wrap with Silicone Edging Recommendations

Replies
Views
Daria Luna

Can anyone recommend a hip wrap, the kind that resembles a tube top, but is worn around the hips and covers the back. I have some tops not long enough to hide it and I don't tuck it into my pants because it's uncomfortable. I'm looking for the kind that's very soft and stretchy, and has the silicone edging so it stays in place. When I look online, the descriptions are not always specific and I've already wasted money on 2 that don't work for me.

Cplumber

Check into Stealth Belt. Google it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,685 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

eefyjig

I got some maternity bands from Target several years ago. I used them to hold my bag closer to my body during yoga classes so it wouldn't make so much noise during certain moves.

Axl

I used bicycle riding shorts under my uniform when I was training, Lycra and something else, plenty of stretch and a high waist, worked perfectly.

Bill

I tried the tube type wraps but found that they only fitted well for a very short time before they stretched to be far too loose - and then there was little I could do to rectify the problem (an expensive mistake). Hence, I decided that the solution would be a belt that was open-ended and fixed with velcro so that each time I put it on I could adjust the tightness to suit my needs.

Eventually I found a firm that made what I wanted, and they were CIU international. They sent me a booklet with pictures of all sorts of different designs, which I found helpful. they also were willing to make me a belt to my own specification (what more could I ask)? I've been using them ever since and they suit me fine. They only last a year or two before the elastic becomes useless, but I think that is more to do with our washing machine than it is to do with the material.

I'm a firm believer in having stuff made to measure, especially if you know what you want and want them made to your own design.

Try having a look on their website: www.cuiwear.com 

They are based in the UK but as they call themselves 'international', I presume that they would export abroad.

Best wishes

Bill

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT

Ostomysecrets wraps. They'll loosen a bit if you wear them multiple days but will tighten back up when you wash them. I wear one every day at work now that it's colder and I got more layers on. I wore a StealthBelt when it was warmer outside. I wash my wraps once a week.

clair.crowley83

SilOstomy wraps are the only thing I've found that fit me properly. My stoma is very low down so it's been tricky to find anything that helps/fits well under trousers.

Delsol93

I use the Stealth Belt. Pricey but worth it. Actually bought two. One for working outside and one for everyday and play.
Love it. Good luck!

Delsol93

I use the Stealth Belt. Pricey but worth it. Actually bought two. One for working outside and one for everyday and play.
Love it. Good luck!

Carol N
Reply to eefyjig

I found "maternity belly bands" on Amazon. I really like them. I like to wear my urostomy bag outside, but want it hidden. These come in packs of 3 - 1 white, 1 gray, and 1 black. I put on my pants, then wear the maternity wrap over the bag. (Maddie Moo Belly Band Seamless Maternity and Postpartum Shirt Extenders, Cotton, Medium - Black, Heather Gray and White, Pack of 3 at Amazon)