Using Elijah's Ostomy Awareness Video

Replies
Views
SallyK
Mar 02, 2023 8:06 pm

I always have a hard time finding the right words to explain what my ostomy is to someone. So recently I told someone about my ostomy and used this video of this cute little guy to do it.

Elijah Explains His New Ostomy

AlexT
Mar 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Cool little kid. I go into a very detailed description when I explain my ostomy to someone. It goes like this... I poop in a bag. &zwj

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT
Mar 02, 2023 10:09 pm

This little guy is just so inspiring! He faces so many challenges as he grows up, and I hope he is able to handle them with the same acceptance and positive attitude that he has now. I wish there was more of this kind of thing out there to increase awareness in the general public. Thanks for posting, Sally!

Terry

eefyjig
Mar 02, 2023 11:25 pm

This is precious and perfect. "I had surgery and I don't know what happened 'cause I was asleep and woke up with this bag." Boy, can we all relate to that. And my favorite part of my bag is also the velcro!

Beth22
Mar 03, 2023 2:23 am
Reply to AlexT

Lol AlexT, that's the only way someone gets what you're saying. I have tried to explain it, gone through the steps of explaining, they don't get it. I say I got to the bathroom in a bag and they still don't get it, and then I finally say.. Dude, I literally SHIT in a bag.. then they get it.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK
Mar 03, 2023 9:41 am

I volunteer for a 'visitor' program here with my local ostomy group. We 'seasoned' ostomates visit with 'new' ostomates to help them out... mainly with things like acceptance and day-to-day living. So I am always looking for more gentle ways of approaching things.

AlexT
Mar 03, 2023 9:45 am
Reply to SallyK

I told the hospital here that's what they need....an ostomate group to help those about to become one.

StPetie
Mar 05, 2023 12:24 am

Is it even possible to not love the heck out of that kid?

Past Member
Mar 06, 2023 4:57 am

What an absolute sweetheart, I love at the end when he says "I'm done"! Too cute for words!