Cricket XI for Ostomates: Join Us to Raise Funds for Colostomy UK!

Replies
Views
johnbaxter1952
Feb 07, 2024 8:59 am

Calling ostomates. Inspired by the Rugby League team, Colostomy UK, I want to get a cricket team of ostomates to play against Collingbourne Cricket Club (Wiltshire) on 14th September to raise funds for Colostomy UK. If you would like to play or support/sponsor the event, please get in touch with me.

bowsprit
Feb 07, 2024 9:57 am

What a good idea. For general information, there is protection for the hands, legs, head, and the private parts, but none for the midriff except padding. Having been hit around the stomach playing cricket, some sort of protection for the stomach is a must. How many speed merchants in that club? Anyway, being hit there is a small price to pay for a good game of cricket. There is a story about a cricket enthusiast who was always on cricket tours captaining his team. On one of them, he got a message from his wife that she was sick of his cricket playing and was leaving him. His response: 'Well, that's too bad, but the game must go on.' Another enthusiast, John Major, the ex-British prime minister, said that if he had a choice he would rather open the innings for England than be the prime minister.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,890 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

johnbaxter1952
Feb 09, 2024 8:33 am
Reply to bowsprit

That's great advice. The standard of cricket is typical English village cricket. Very friendly. Please contact me if you'd like a game.