How I Made a Template for My Irregular Stoma

Replies
Views
PatriciaSz
Feb 21, 2024 10:42 am

I have a very irregular-shaped ileostomy stoma and developed a stomal fistula in a V shape on one side. Cutting the opening on the wafer to fit was beyond frustrating, and my skin was suffering greatly. So was my mental state.

I used the stomal measurement guide and chose a size slightly larger than the stoma. I took a picture with my phone. I then enlarged it so the circles of the measuring guide matched, so it was true to size. I took a clear piece of plastic and traced my stoma.

It's been an emotional and physical lifesaver after weeks of getting it wrong. And Eakin seals by Convatec have been a godsend.

IGGIE
Feb 21, 2024 1:26 pm

Well done, great idea.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,888 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory
Feb 21, 2024 1:53 pm

Thanks for sharing. Great news this is working for you. You're very clever to have thought this out and made your own template.

Dharms
Feb 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Great story - thanks for sharing! 👍

Jayne
Feb 21, 2024 6:04 pm

Thank you for sharing not only the ingenuity of arriving at an accurate template - nice one! - but in so doing, sharing the fact of your stomal fistula!

Your positive attitude is a credit - may you always have such presence of mind and positive nature.

Best wishes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waves ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jayne

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Axl
Feb 22, 2024 1:28 am

Good work, a great tip for the difficult ones. 👏

JVM261
Feb 22, 2024 4:41 am

Such a great story of finding a solution, and thanks for sharing.