The Telltale Bulge

Replies
Views
HenryM
May 07, 2024 8:54 am

ONE DAY I HAD TO leave my home in southern Utah and drive to the Clark County Courthouse in Las Vegas to research a civil case file.  It was a four-hour drive and, somehow, after getting into Vegas, I saw no place to stop for a potty break prior to arriving at the courthouse parking lot.  My ostomy was bulging as I got in line to be processed through the security at the entrance.  I put my stuff through the machine without an issue.  Suddenly, I stood facing a big, serious-looking deputy who stared fixedly at my lower belly.  “What’s that?”  he wanted to know.  I told him and, in the next breath, asked for directions to the closest bathroom.  Fortunately, he accepted my explanation without finding it necessary for any further exploration.  I’m sure it was the combination of the uncommon nature of my excuse plus the embarrassed expression on my face.  Court deputies are selected for their innate paranoia.  I was fortunate to overcome this with my honest face and his clear distaste for the prospect of accompanying me to the men’s room.  There was a line of entrants behind me, also, and he didn’t want to have to call for backup.  “Sarge, send backup to the front entrance.  There’s a guy here with a large bulge in his pants and I have to take him to the men’s room to check him out.”    

bowsprit
May 07, 2024 9:56 am

I think they are more lenient with older people (not that you are old). I got much more attention from them when I was younger than I do now. Best wishes.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe
May 07, 2024 11:06 am

I haven't flown in a long time, but back in the day “before ileostomy,” I was “patted down” before boarding a flight in Trinidad. I remember being very embarrassed at the time and cannot even imagine that happening with my current bulge… do they still do this? If yes, I guess I'd probably end up in the slammer as a result of a verbal diarrhea of the mouth that has developed with my aging. JB

Mysterious Mose
May 07, 2024 5:14 pm

I wonder what sort of line Mae West may have come up with in this type of situation?

TerryLT
May 07, 2024 7:49 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Hi JB, I had a similar experience at airport security, pre-ostomy and post 9/11. A male security agent actually lifted my loose-fitting top right up to shoulder level, exposing my abdomen and bra-enclosed boobs (thankfully I was wearing a bra!). I was so stunned that I didn't even say anything. I can't even imagine that happening now.

Terry

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Justbreathe
May 08, 2024 12:20 am
Reply to TerryLT

Yikes! That was definitely a violation!

Caz67
May 08, 2024 4:01 am
Reply to TerryLT

He was definitely a perv.

IGGIE
May 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me, big boy?