Hollister 2-Piece System Quality Issues?

Replies
Views
Nini4
May 08, 2024 1:15 pm

I've used the two-piece Hollister since the 2nd week of surgery. They have worked great, and I've only had a leak a few times. This week, twice the bag has separated from the ring, and I've had spots of pinholes in the bag and had to replace bags twice, where I usually get a week with each setup. What I am noticing is the bag seems to have changes in quality. The ring where it snaps together is not as stable, thinking it's not cut clearly/precisely. And the bag quality is thinner. Am I the only person thinking this? It might be a bad set of bags, but so frustrating.

Andrew82
May 08, 2024 1:23 pm

I've used Hollister Two Piece since 2005, and yes, sometimes they'll have a run of product that is just faulty. Call them, they'll want the number on your product boxes and sometimes will offer you free replacements.

I will say this: I do not trust Hollister's clip. I use a Coloplast clip on my drainable pouch because I've had a couple of instances of Hollister's failing which... as you can guess, was a mess.

Otherwise, I rarely have issues, but it's happened, so definitely give them a call!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Nini4
May 08, 2024 1:39 pm
Reply to Andrew82

I figured as such and will call them. Yes, two very big messes this week. I'll call them and see what they say. Thanks!

IGGIE
May 08, 2024 1:54 pm
Reply to Nini4

G-Day Nini4,

I have just looked it up and Hollister products are made in a number of different countries: Ireland, India, Denmark, Lithuania, and the US. You should find out where yours are coming from. I would think some places are better than others.

Regards, IGGIE

Bex3000
May 08, 2024 3:19 pm

I've had the same problem, and when I'm changing the bag, I'm too in a hurry to take a photo of where it separated from the ring. But yes, it is happening quite often to me too.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Kas
May 08, 2024 4:30 pm

I've had the same problem, and I do think they're made cheaper lately. I don't know if we can ask for a specific country of origin, but I'm going to try with my next order.

Nini4
May 08, 2024 8:47 pm

Thank you all. I am definitely calling them as I can't imagine I'm the first person to bring it to their attention. Might not change anything, but very frustrating as we need these to live and depend on the manufacturers to care about quality.

DebinRI
May 09, 2024 10:32 am
Reply to Andrew82

I use a Hollister one-piece pouch, which I cut to fit my stoma along with a barrier ring. I've had zero problems with the pouch liners being too thin. Also, if you are not emptying enough, this may cause issues. For faulty pouches, definitely call Hollister! They aim to aid and please their customers!

kittybou
May 10, 2024 1:55 am
Reply to Nini4

They can get kind of grumpy at you... I have an intense dislike of calling and asking any question.

:(

DebinRI
May 10, 2024 9:27 am
Reply to kittybou

That's too bad. If I call anywhere and get an #$$%^&*, I do ask to speak to someone else.