Diet Tips and Experiences 2 Weeks Post-Reversal Surgery

Replies
Views
Nurse
Mar 02, 2024 12:03 am

2 weeks post-reversal. My surgeon said to eat high fiber. I am frustrated. I know my bowels will be erratic, I guess. Frustrated that right now I can't leave the house as I have no bowel control. Anyone gone through this? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Was a good candidate for reversal. Not much colon removed. Reversal done laparoscopically was long due to a lot of scar tissue.

Newhere
Mar 02, 2024 5:43 am

Nurse, I am sorry you are going through this. It took me about 2 weeks to feel I had some control, about another week or 2 to settle down completely, but everyone is different.

When I was sent home, I was told to eat a low-fibre diet for 6 weeks, then slowly add fibre. So I can't help there. I know it's easy to say, but hang in there. Try not to let it get you down. This time will pass, and the sunny days are just around the corner. Take care, Bill.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,852 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

JVM261
Mar 02, 2024 2:15 pm

Everything I read has said low fiber post-reversal and some choose the BRAT diet when it gets too liquid. Bananas, white rice, applesauce, and toast.

DexieB
Mar 03, 2024 1:43 am

Hi, I am 4 weeks post-reversal. I was sent home with instructions to eat high fiber. I'm sorry I don't have any advice as I returned to normal within a few days, but I know it can take up to a few months, my surgeon had said. Don't lose hope. Things will stabilize!