Post Colostomy Reversal: Day 8 Update and Progress

Replies
Views
MoeMoe
Mar 20, 2024 12:50 am

Sorry if this is posted twice, but I posted and a pop-up said it was not saved, ugh! Anyways, here goes again LOL. I wasn't going to post daily, but I had to post today because I'm so excited! Today my BM was somewhat formed. It was ribbon-like. It kind of reminds me of the early days of my Stomie, where my BM went from watery, to pasty, to ribbon-like, then formed. I think β€œnormal” is on the horizon, yay! I had an appointment today with my primary care doc, and I was scared to leave the house for fear of having an accident or not being close to a restroom. So I used an adult diaper when I left the house for peace of mind and carried an extra one as a precaution. All went better than expected. I even made a pit stop at the grocery store, the bakery, and the farm! I am really excited about today. I know that God will restore me! I still have rectal pain and side pain. The rectal pain is only when I'm about to have a BM or when I hold it, so I don't hold it, and I expect that the side pain will remain for a while since I had the same pain for months when Stomie arrived. I also had some nerve pain in my shoulders about an hour ago that lasted for 30 minutes or so. It's nothing bad, just bothersome. Tomorrow I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon, so I will post tomorrow based on that visit, then I'll just post milestones. Rocky is my favorite movie of all time since I first watched it as a kid. You know that famous part where he reaches the top of the steps and he raises his arms? That's how I feel right now LOL. The lyrics to Gonna Fly Now: β€œGettin' stronger, won't be long now.” You know the song! πŸ₯ŠπŸ’ͺ🏽 I hope that all of you have a super fantastic and blessed day! Until tomorrow, have a good night!

kittybou
Mar 20, 2024 2:22 am

Happy dance time! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒ

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,853 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

MoeMoe
Mar 20, 2024 9:26 am

Thanks, Kittybou! I do love dancing. πŸ’ƒπŸ½

Morning glory
Mar 20, 2024 11:40 am

Great news 😊

Beachboy
Mar 20, 2024 2:18 pm

Way to go, Moe!

Every day is getting better for you. πŸ˜‰

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
DexieB