Ileostomy Reversal Experiences in Ireland?

Replies
Views
Marty D
Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just seeking some information from anyone in Ireland that may have had an ileostomy reversal due to ulcerative colitis. I had my large intestine removed 5 years ago as a result of colitis, and I'm thinking of going for the reversal. So if anyone has gone through with this operation, I'd love to hear from you and how life is after the operation. Thanks.

CrappyColon
Mar 26, 2024 8:58 pm

Hi, did you have your rectum and anus removed too during the colon removal? If you're without the rectum and anus, are they saying J-pouch reversal?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,852 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cheekymonkey111
Mar 26, 2024 8:59 pm

I've just had the attempted reversal. Unfortunately for me, it didn't go to plan and now I can't have a reversal.

Don't let that put you off if that's what you want, but all I would say is be prepared for if things don't go the way you would like.

I'm fine and recovering well, just wasn't what I was hoping for, but it doesn't mean it won't go well for you.

Good luck whatever you choose.

CrappyColon
Mar 26, 2024 11:22 pm
Reply to Cheekymonkey111

Sorry to hear yours did not work out the way you wanted it to. Hope your recovery continues to go well and acceptance comes as part of your journey.