Sore Skin Around Colostomy Due to Diarrhea - Need Suggestions

Replies
Views
3bagsfull
Mar 30, 2024 7:16 pm

I have very sore skin around my colostomy due to diarrhea. I've tried Derma Gard wipes that sting. Any suggestions that help?

Ben38
Mar 30, 2024 7:32 pm

I would rub a small amount of Sudocrem on myself, then wipe over with a tissue and pop the bag back on. You could try an egg white if you haven't got any Sudocrem.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory
Mar 30, 2024 8:13 pm

You should be able to get the string-free wipes.

Axl
Mar 30, 2024 9:03 pm

If it is a barrier to protect the skin you are looking for, this is usually a winner.

kittybou
Mar 30, 2024 9:29 pm
Reply to Axl

Where to get the spray, please

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Audrey Warren
Mar 30, 2024 11:22 pm
Reply to kittybou

Probably Amazon.

Earth Angel
Mar 31, 2024 12:16 am

Hi, Boudreaux's Butt Paste (diaper rash cream) works great. After I shower on the day I change the appliance, I dry the skin around the stoma and apply a film of it around the area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, then wipe it off. It heals the skin and relieves itch and pain. Also, when I shower on days I change, I put some Head and Shoulders shampoo around the stoma. It also clears up any yeast, itching, and irritation. Best of luck!

😇

Axl
Mar 31, 2024 2:28 am

The Cavilon spray is a very common ostomy product. I am in Oz, but you should find it readily available. Practice on the back of your hand first: two squirts, dries in seconds, less is more.

Beachboy
Mar 31, 2024 3:11 am
Reply to kittybou

I got the spray and swabs on Amazon. I use this at every wafer changeout.

JVM261
Mar 31, 2024 7:05 am
Reply to kittybou

There's a website called Medical Monks that has it too.

DexieB
Apr 01, 2024 4:43 pm
Reply to Axl

Axl is right, this 3M Cavilon is great.