Where to Find Affordable Brave Protective Seals and Moldable Rings?

Replies
Views
Meri ostomate
Mar 31, 2024 5:12 am

Does anyone know where I might get these for cheap as I don't have insurance or income and cannot find any?

Kas
Mar 31, 2024 12:41 pm

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kas
Mar 31, 2024 12:41 pm

Kas
Mar 31, 2024 12:42 pm

Kas
Mar 31, 2024 12:42 pm

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Kas
Mar 31, 2024 12:45 pm

Not sure I got those photos in order - but hopefully you can sort it out.

I don't use any of those products, but it looks like you may be able to find some assistance with some of these options.

I know you said no income or insurance. Have you tried applying for social security? I think that takes a long time but may be worth the effort if you'll be out of work for long.

I have purchased extra supplies from eBay before and found some really cheap prices.

Best of luck to you!

Happy Easter!

Kim

JVM261
Mar 31, 2024 4:15 pm

I use eBay and an app called Poshmark, which sometimes has ostomy supplies. My insurance pays for the cheap stuff, so I get the good stuff on eBay. I actually got a lot of good Bravia stuff from eBay. From what I understand, the expiration doesn't really matter for certain things. It's just in a previous post somebody said it's just because it's medical stuff they have to put the expiration date. I don't know if this is the same for the rings, but the reason that I get good deals is often times the expiration date is coming up or past, and I haven't had trouble with eBay or the app. Ironically, I've had a little trouble with Amazon, and not getting what I thought I was gonna get.

warrior
Mar 31, 2024 4:49 pm
Reply to Kas

Righteous posting, Kas! 😊

Meri ostomate
Apr 01, 2024 10:05 pm
Reply to Kas

Kas, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, most I have used or spoken with. I appealed my Social Security denial but am waiting for an attorney to take my case.

Kas
Apr 02, 2024 8:41 pm

Oh, look what I found in my sample supply box… You're welcome to it all. Just send me your mailing address, and I'll put it in the mail on Thursday.

Kim  

x 2 boxes

Kas
Apr 02, 2024 8:43 pm

X3

Hisbiscus
Apr 04, 2024 12:00 am

Ostogroup in Florida sells cheap supplies.

kittybou
Apr 04, 2024 12:05 am
Reply to Meri ostomate

I was denied 3 times. They want you to give up. Don't!!!

Rose Bud 🌹
Apr 04, 2024 12:44 am
Reply to Meri ostomate

Don't give up... I was denied twice, then got it with an attorney on the 3rd try (what I didn't know the 2nd time is they make you get denied again before the attorney gets involved). It took 2 years to get. They do everything they can NOT to give it to anyone with the hopes they wait long enough to go back to work or die trying to fight for it. When I was released from the hospital after 6 months, I had multiple medical issues that they said didn't qualify me until it got to the point 2 weeks before my court date. I was diagnosed with CKD stage 3, almost stage 4, and was told it would take 2 weeks to hear back. At that point, the judge granted me my benefits. In the meantime, if you haven't already, you should apply for Medicaid if you have NO income. They will pay for your supplies and hospital visits. If you need any advice with your case, feel free to message me!!!

phoenix6624ch
Apr 04, 2024 1:43 am
Reply to Kas

I love those Sure Seal rings. My skin isn't red, itchy, or irritated since I started using them.

Meri ostomate
Apr 04, 2024 4:19 am
Reply to kittybou

I'm not giving up.