Colostomy Due to Birth Problems

In this discussion
Replies
Views
emeny1

Hello, I just wondered if any other members have had a colostomy after giving birth due to bad tearing, etc? My midwife completely missed I had a 4th degree tear and have now ended up with a colostomy prior to repair surgery and hopefully a reversal. Would be good to hear from anyone who has gone through this or currently in the same position.

Many thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

Hi Emeny1,

Welcome to MAO.

I haven't experienced this, but I'm sorry you had this tear that resulted in a temporary colostomy. I'm sure if someone here has also gone through this, they will post a reply as soon as they see it.

By the way, did you have a boy or a girl? Congratulations on your new family member!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
emeny1

Thank you for your reply and for the congratulations! I had a boy who is now over a year old! It's hard to schedule in the surgery as no lifting for 6-8 weeks so am just waiting a while.....

Mrs.A

Aww, how time flies. Almost a year old already. I'm sure you're keeping in touch with your doctors, and when those 6-8 weeks are up, we'll see how you're doing. Surgery is scary, but if you know you have the right doctor and it's time to get your bowels back, then it will happen. Keep us posted on how things progress.