Newbie has been "initiated"

Replies
Views
Primeboy
Feb 22, 2011 4:34 pm
If that's your worst fear, Florrie, you should thank God. I can' t tell how how many times I've waited for people with normal bowels to vacate the stall. Some people are very impatient and will bang on your door. This will naturally make you very anxious and more likely to make a mistake when putting on a new flange. You must learn to keep your cool and not let them distract you from your mission. (Maybe it's their turn to have an accident. LOL). Still, don't  work yourself into a panic about what might happen. Just be prepared and develop your ability to stay focused. And, yes, come over to our house for a cup of Earl Grey anytime.
SallyWillard
Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm
I'm sitting here giggling at these mishap stories, and realized that I finally feel like I belong! Our senses of humor are warped and I wouldn't want it any other way!!

My first public mishap was at taco bell! I was trying to hurry because it was one of those bathrooms with only one toilet, and everything was going fine until I stood up and the clip got caught on the toilet and ripped the bag and wafer off. I taped it back on as quick as I could and tied my jacket around my waist and walked out as calmly as possible. There was an elderly lady standing there with this shocked look on her face. Apparently those bathrooms are not sound proof and she heard my long string of obsenities. I couldn't help but laugh all the way home!

Good times!!

Login to see image

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.