Amoxicillin Impact on Ileo Function - Any Similar Experiences?

Replies
Views
MOST52
Mar 10, 2020 1:25 am

I recently had an RX for Amoxicillin for bacteria in urine sample.  15 were taken over 5 days. I noticed that my ileo was behaving much better.  Stoma noise almost nonexistent.  No gas or bloating.  Wonder if anyone else has had this experience?  What is the magic ingredient?

she76wolf
Mar 10, 2020 2:05 am

Thats quite interesting. Ive never noticed a change, but I can't remember the last time I took the meds either. My stoma usually doesn't make noise. Every blue moon it may say something, but other than that it keeps quiet. Hopefully someone else can have some better input for you. 😉

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lovely
Mar 10, 2020 2:45 am

I have taken Amoxicillin and several others and have not seen a difference but I have a Colostomy. Sometimes it also depends on your diet. 

w30bob
Mar 10, 2020 2:50 am

Hi MOST,

There are studies that show the family of antibiotics that Amoxi belongs to can sometimes reduce gas and bloating.  It's basically killing the gut flora, both good and bad, so it makes sense that if you have a lot of bad.........it could calm things down.  

regards,

bob

Past Member
Mar 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Amoxicillin is a no go for me. I get very, very liquid output. About 4 full bags an hour. Had to stop after 4 days because i got dehydrated. 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play