week, I saw the locum GP - he suggested
that I put a glycerine suppository into the stoma where the loop had been
created, I wasn't even sure that there was a real hole, but did manage to do
this that evening.

On Friday, I went back to see him to report that the earth
hadn't moved, so back to square one!

I am off for a weekend away, the Fibromyalgia Association UK
are having a conference and pamper weekend - it will be my only little holiday
this year as I am not sure when surgery will be etc etc. I am being very brave by going alone, so I
hope that there will be others in the same situation there. Will report back
afterwards!

conchiu.urriolabeitia
May 31, 2018 4:36 am
Hello
Wondering if you're still around. I read a post you made regarding the malfunctioning colostomy.

I am having the same issue. I had surgery this January. I am in severe pain and pass fresh feces through my rectum. I've , of course have told my surgeon many times. I've had a cat scan and it showed nothing. I have very severe rectal pain. Did you ever get your problem resolved?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lottagelady
May 31, 2018 7:21 am
Hi, Yes I am still 'around' although haven't been on the site for many years!

Mine was solved eventually, my fistula was repaired and I chose afterwards to have a permanent colostomy, so I no longer ge the fresh stuff in my rectum - although as the bowel still produces mucous, I do have a mucous plug which I do need to pass and I have been trying now for 3 and a half years!! Just uncomfortable though when I get the urge to 'go'!

I am assuming that yours is a loop colostomy and that is why it is bypassing as it is going down the hole from the loop - can't see why he cannot understand that? Maybe go get a second opinion? Are you in the UK?

Rachel x
conchiu.urriolabeitia
Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. It confirmed my suspicion. I have come to the same conclusion and tested the theory by blocking the fistula with colostomy barrier paste this week. And sure enough, no feces came out of the rectum. I still have severe lower bowel digestive pain in the evening, but at least the Scary Poop Syndrome has been solved.

I have described the issue to the surgeon a million times. First, he told us it was normal soon after surgery. But it continued to get worse. Then he sent me to get a ct scan. He thought it might be an abscess or the tumor (that they weren't able to remove) was growing. The ct scan showed none of these scenarios. However, it did show two small obstructions in the small intestine. That was over a month ago.

Now the surgeon won't return my calls. Im furious.

I'm in the U.S.A.

I am on Facebook.