REMICADE.....!st Year!

Replies
Views
nogutz
Jan 11, 2012 4:28 pm
Hi There;

My first year on Remicade to manage crohnsand things seem to be all right.I have had some ups and downs,good times and bad ,but I do think I am winning the game.Managing my stoma is easier without the ulcers.which in turn makes my flange and bag have longer ware times.leakages are also down,could count them on on hand .There where times when I would change 2-3 times a day.I can cook a meal and sit down and eat it, as before I would need to rest in between cooking and eating

I have had some dark days in the past year,kidney stones x2 prolapsed stoma, two teeth pulled and now fighting a chest infection.To think all that and I do feel I am aheadin the game.I now catch almost every infectionthat is out there,which is tough with the grandson, just precautions thats all.

I do know that there are people that have nothing good to say about Remicade.The truth is that all the medications do not work for every one all the time.Most medications haveside effects.There are others at the clinics and you tell them about the negative feed back and they are lost as remicade is the magic drug for them.For now Remicade is my drug of choice,along with all the other crap they give me.As my doctor said Tom your in excellent health for a person in your condition.

All in all I would have to say I would take good health over thisany day of the week.It is hard at times and I do fall shortsome days of what a want to accomplish.But its my new life and I am going to try to make the best of it.Keeping positive has been many months or yearsof hardwork and it didn't come easy,but Ido think it is paying off.

Thank you Lord thank you Jesus

lillibelle
Jan 12, 2012 2:35 pm
Hi nogutz,Thank you for this post. i had my ileostomy in Nov, 2011. I just started on Remicaid last week. The usual meds stopped working for me awhile ago. Glad to know it's working well for you. I have to protect my small intestine since it is all I have left. What are some of the common complaints you have heard from people who don't like Remicaid? Have you experienced any side effects this year? I know it's a very powerful drug. Thanks, Lillibelle
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

nogutz
Jan 12, 2012 5:31 pm
Hi lillibelle,There are post on the site in regards to the pros and cons of remicade.For me I am looking at what it has done for me,and having no ulcers and clearer skin and more manageable flange ware time is a big step.One side effect would be catching most infections and with a grandson almost anything he gets I will to, if not careful. My last infusion was delayed 2 weeks because of a infected tooth. Alway let you nurse know of any infections and treatment that you are under before each time you take Remicade.Good luck