thick liquid lately

Replies
Views
cherylem
Aug 08, 2012 5:06 pm
i have an iliostomey for over a year now. usually the liquid is thin, but lately it has been thicker and causing my seal to bust. i eat the same thing and dont understand whats going on. when my liquid comes thru it stings me. does anyone have a clue whats going on?

weewee
Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm
your liquid is just like weh you had the s h i t s and after a bit it would burn your butt its really acidy stuff for breaking down the foods you might want to try a old way to see what is going on first you eat one thing at a time to see how your body reacts to it then you wil know what is good and what brings problems to your system
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

mitdad
Aug 13, 2012 1:59 am
Hi Cheryl, There are times when your output varies even when you eat the same foods. Your bowel after a year at times may be more efficient in absorbtion and resultant thicker output and increased pressure or pull on the seal your are using. Different seel types or pastes or a belt may add support Feel free to communicate if you choose.. Barry OTR/L
nomorpills
May 09, 2013 1:37 am
Are you using a belt with your bag? Hollister has a good seal not gummy or weak like Eaken. I have thick stuff and am active. Iliosyomy for 12 yrs .