Well, new to this!

Replies
Views
Faelaw
Apr 11, 2014 9:41 pm
I feel a little apprehensive going into my first online website to find and get to know fellow OstoMate's! It feels exciting because I feel I would have a lot to discuss! Both sharing and listening! It is hard to talk to anyone in my daily life normally for obvious reasons. It is even difficult to talk to family about things however I am sincerely hoping I can find someone I can talk to here!

pammer
Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm
Hi. My name is Pam and I to am trying to adjust, my surgery was 7 weeks ago. Here you will find kindness, understanding and great friends. Please go to the general chat room. U will find wonderful people there, with understanding. Take cqre
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Zywie
Apr 13, 2014 4:30 pm
Hello Fae and pam: Idk, every time I have gone into the general chat room there has not been anyone in there? Hope you find what you're looking for.
Taz-uk
Apr 15, 2014 3:46 pm
Hi all, I agree zywie, but chatting thru posts helps and offers great support that wot I've found
Zywie
Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm
Hi Taz: Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the people don't reply on the forums. The people here are great.Right after I wrote the above, I went into general chat to see. Lo and behold, there were 3 people in there! Since then a lot of people come and go. I guess I was just hitting the wrong times.Fae: This is a good site. The people here try to help in any way they can.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Mrs.A
Apr 19, 2014 3:15 am
Guys it is a good idea to post the time you plan on being in the chatroom in advance so others might make themselves available... Heck I've been in chat for an hour already tonight and not one visitor...but I didn't know I was gonna stop in either.
Zywie
Apr 19, 2014 9:50 am
It would be nice if we could post times - but I'm not a planner. I pop in when I feel like it. Some times I'm in such a mean mood, I figure I better not; even though I have made a few nice friends in there and I'm sure they would just love to try to talk me out of my mood. ^^What would be nice is if I could leave the Chat up while doing other things and it would notify somehow that someone came into the room (of course I don't always have my sound on) but I can't leave it up and still do anything else on the net - it shrinks the chat down and doesn't notify if someone comes in. You know, like Skype, MSN, Yahoo. Unless I just haven't found the magic button yet.
Anoniem18
Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm
Bottom right, click on the little speaker, turns on sound when someone (including you) enters an entry into the chat window. when minimized or not. Of course you have to have speakers and they must be the default. The above applies to Windows. Not sure why there is a Popout icon other that when you click on it it opens up another window whcih can be useful in case Chatroom backs pu or stops working.
Zywie
Apr 20, 2014 1:33 pm
Why, thank you. I guess I will have to keep my speakers on. Talk with you laters.
mettajojo
Apr 28, 2014 6:04 pm
Hi there, does it same setting with mac?MettaJo
Anoniem18
Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm
I'm not sure my Mac Power something G4 isn't working to well. But it works on my android tablet (if I can find the little speaker icon) and on my stupid smart phone (not that smart). Just be careful about who you meet in the chat room. I hear Anon is real trouble. Just ask eddie, or MMSH, or ZywieEd
Zywie
Apr 30, 2014 5:17 am
Yes, Anon likes to stir things up a bit. :)
blueonthetyne
May 07, 2014 6:20 am
hi, im post op march 10th and was really having a bad time, weve had some real bad luck over the past year with me and my wife Barbara was diagnosed with leukaemia last aug. she is really poorly after a bone marrow transplant and I found it really hard to keep from her how down I was. I have picked my self up now and have even returned to work, but there are days when I just sit and think. im determined to get the better of this and would love to chat and try to help anybody else
blessedtobealive50
May 21, 2014 8:28 am
Hi Faelaw,I don't get on here to often but when I do a lot of nice ppl post things that help me out.Stay positive. I have an ileostomy twice. The second one was since Sept 2013. I have been thru a lot and not ready to give up. Enjoy life to the fulliest
mettajojo
Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm
Keep going and well done you. You are amazing!!!