Interesting designs for Ostomy bag

Replies
Views
Mrs.A
Sep 06, 2016 3:22 am
Was doing some research about ostomy pouches and found a beautiful design from a up and coming designer. Hope the ladies will be able to check out this womans work. Her name is Stephanie Monty.

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/07/25/stephanie-monty-colostomy-bag-intimate-moments-graduate-shows-2016-brunel-university-london/

Now if I can just find out more about how her idea is blooming!

Bill
Sep 06, 2016 6:17 am
Hello Mrs A. Thanks for drawing this to our attention. I loved the design by Stephanie Monty, who has obviously put in a lot of thought and practical effort in coming up with this. I also like the idea that Brunel University has encouraged her to follow this line of study. As an alumni from the same uni. I was also allowed and encouraged to do research in a subject that was not at all popular at the time. We need people like Stephanie but we also need people and organisations to support the innovative ideas they have.
Best wishes
Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Sep 08, 2016 4:53 am
Any improvements in Ostomy appliance functionality or curb appeal will produce massive amounts of user appreciation. I don't think it would take too much work to move the appliance away from being seen as an attachable Porto-potty to some sort of artistic enhancement. There are enough of us around now to demand that our manufacturers produce new lines of Ostomy gear that celebrate the beauty and enduring nature of the human body even in its elemental functions. As the poet once said, "Love hath pitched it tent in our place of excrement." So, Ostomy manufacturers and college designers, deal with that reality and step up to the plate and make us all say WOW.
PB
daukdeb
Sep 09, 2016 9:40 pm
So very true! I hate how the bags look!
Mrs.A
Sep 11, 2016 3:57 am
I look forward to saying WOW. Hope they come to market soon.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Freebyrd
Sep 17, 2016 12:10 am
Excellent Idea PB. Some entrepreneur mind could carry that idea. I think that better designer types of bags would be great if prices were reasonable. It could have artists prints, pictures of animals, favorite sports teams, whatever. I would hope that that entrepreneur spirit would come from our own community. Maybe an idea that we could support. I know we have some great artists, and other talented people here.
streetrod
Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am
i been wearing bags along time I like to see smaller bags for adults. i dont mind emptying it more often And colored bags would be good too
Mrs.A
Oct 01, 2016 1:23 am
Having bags to match your clothes seems like it would conceal it better if it should happen to be seen while out in public.
moonshine
Oct 02, 2016 12:00 am
not sure how to get the pic of my blinged out bag on here......but if you all can look at one of my pics is cool
moonshine
Oct 02, 2016 12:00 am
guess i figured it out
SFM
Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am
Hi Mrs A,
I know you posted this a while ago now but was wondering if you (or anyone else?) wanted to talk more about the design you shared? Thanks
Hanaleah
Apr 04, 2017 11:20 am
Hi Mrs A:
I see this have been posted here for a while. I am fairly new here. I look around a lot. I just stumbled on this morning it is FABULOUS. I bad it is just a prototype. You would think that some manufacturer would have picked it up and run with it. It makes something unappealing and an unattractive and makes it look lovely. It would give women an opportunity to feel more feminine and men something more desirable to look at. I hope that sometime in the future pouches like this will become available. She is brilliant and talented. I don't know why companies don't see or understand what a difference it could make in peoples's lives.
Mrs.A
Apr 09, 2017 1:15 am
Hi Hanaleah,
I agree with you, it is FABULOUS! How sweet would it be to wear such a pretty work of art. If I were a younger Lady who can still show off my figure this would be awesome!
Mrs.A
Hi SMF,
Sure, but I only know what I posted. It sure is elegant.
Mrs.A
Sorry, that should of been written SFM.
SFM
Jul 20, 2017 9:17 am
Hi Mrs A (and anyone else interested!)
Sorry for my delay in responding to you... so my name is Stephanie Monty and I am the designer of the ostomy appliances you posted on this thread a while ago. Firstly, I am so thankful that you have seen and shared the post, and also so happy with the seemingly positive responses here.

I wanted to tell you all a bit more about where we are currently. We are still developing our products and are in stages of prototyping. We are working with a couple of different medical institutions to do this and also applying for various grants and awards in order to help us continue the project. We have come such a long way over the last year and we are working so hard to bring this to market.

If you or anyone else is interested in hearing more, or want to get involved in anyway, please send me a message on here - I would really love to hear from you :)
Primeboy
Jul 20, 2017 5:09 pm
Good luck with your work, Stephanie. It's nice to see there will be improvements in the aesthetics of the bag. I think people with ostomies need more options in their appliances. What I wear in a business suit may not be the most desirable in a swim suit. Also, I have a high output drainable pouch with a transparent front. UGH! No options in this model by my manufacturer. Perception is important. I wish you lots of success!
PB
Mrs.A
Aug 30, 2017 2:52 am
Hey PB,
Here's the address for Stephanies web site. http://ostique.co.uk/about/
Primeboy
Aug 30, 2017 4:01 am
Thanks Alyce,
I bet stylish bags will rid ostimates of their anxieties when visibly transporting waste on their sides. I will check into the site and report back. Thanks.
PB
Bill
Aug 30, 2017 5:24 am
Hello Mrs.A.
Thanks for the link to Stephanie's website. I'm impressed with what she has achieved so far and hope that she continues to be innovative in this field.
Best wishes
Bill
SFM
Aug 30, 2017 9:00 am
Hi, Primeboy and Bill, Thank you so much for your kind comments - we are working hard to make this available. And Mrs A, once again thank you for sharing our website and all your support.

All the best,
Stephanie
Mrs.A
Sep 01, 2017 6:58 pm
No problem Stephanie, it's a great idea for those of us who like a little touch of class on our not so classy pouches! Looking forward to seeing your product become a reality.