Paraplegics with Ileostomies: Seeking Advice on Surgery and Care

Replies
Views
tpail1208
Apr 25, 2023 12:19 am

Hi
Is there any member on here who is a paraplegic and has an ileostomy?
I just have a couple of questions/concerns about pre- and post-surgery and pros/cons.

I currently have a colostomy but am having difficulty with constipation and abdominal pain.

If so, please get back to me when you get a free moment.
I would greatly appreciate it.

TY!

Cplumber
Apr 25, 2023 1:58 am

Search for profile Salad3

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Apr 25, 2023 8:10 am

And a lot of us complain about our issues; much respect for dealing with an ostomy and your other issues.

Mr.Heart2Win
Apr 26, 2023 4:27 pm

Others may be able to give you some advice despite not sharing your condition. Or there are other issues you may have that may benefit from general advice and comments. Just post a general comment and there are plenty of people who are very caring and compassionate here who will try to help. Good luck with everything; may many blessings come your way. 😊

Smarty
May 08, 2023 9:59 pm

I'm a para with an ilio. What would you like to know?

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play