Ostomy Memories of Early Aging

Replies
Views
HenryM
Jun 05, 2023 7:32 am

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS GETTING OLDER faster than I did.  She has things available to her that I never had, and she can do things that I couldn’t at that age and – truth be told – still can’t.  She’s in the fifth grade and has her own “phone” which is really a handheld computing device.  The digital world is second nature to her, something unknown to previous generations.  She is being shoved unwittingly into maturity before even technically achieving adulthood.  There is even a term for this new phenomenon:  KGOY or ‘kids getting older younger.’  In ‘The Little Prince’ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry anticipated this:  “Grown-ups never understand by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.”  Having lived most of my life wondering about the idea of outer space, now I have to grapple with the concept of cyberspace.  I’m not making much progress.  I know enough to accomplish these posts on the Internet, but don’t expect me to explain the technology.  If I have a question, I guess I’ll call my granddaughter.  

CrappyColon
Jun 05, 2023 10:56 am

I found out this past year that 5th grade girls know everything.

Today she likes me... she got home and was like "Hey, Queen!" Apparently, being her queen is a good thing ‍

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 34,032 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich
Jun 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Hi Henry, having kids aged me prematurely, and especially when they became licensed to drive, the gray hairs started to show up.