Tips for Reducing Sagging Abdomen Post-Surgery

Replies
Views
Dogen's bag
Jun 15, 2023 4:30 pm

50 years old, 7 months post-surgery, I eat healthy, exercise regularly, and still can't stop the weird sagging kangaroo-looking pouch at the bottom of my abdomen.

Any tips on reducing the potato bag?

Thank you. :-)

CrappyColon
Jun 15, 2023 5:39 pm

Have you asked about physical therapy?

Ok, I was just at PT and I asked the therapist about it. She said the sagging abdomen is because where skin is usually attached to fascia and whatever else keeping it more in place, all that has been cut through with these types of surgeries. So it doesn't 'attach' anymore. My PT worked on breaking up scar tissue too because it's not good for that to start adhering to your insides. You know what I didn't ask though that would've been helpful... over time as healing happens... if the layers of skin eventually reattach to the fascia underneath. Someone else hopefully knows the answer to that, because I just got cleared from PT today. You have another surgery coming up soon, right?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Dogen's bag
Jun 16, 2023 2:10 pm

Wow. Thank you very, very much! This has been incredibly helpful. I really do appreciate your writing and talking with your PT.

Hope you have an amazing day!!!