Off-Brand Ostomy Supplies - Seeking Recommendations and Experiences

Replies
Views
dbtsgj42
Jul 29, 2023 12:11 am

I have used Hollister brand since that is what the hospital started me with, and for a year things were fine. Then I started getting a bill for the co-pay... $110 for the 2-piece and the barrier rings... yikes!

So I went on Amazon and checked the stars and read the reviews. I have tried several brands, some very bad, some good, some better. It's been a trial and error. But I can get everything I need for less than the co-pay I was being charged.

So anyway, has anyone had luck with using an off-brand that they are happy with? I would love to know what brand or brands have worked for others.

I have also been using one-piece since I started buying off of Amazon, and I prefer these to the 2-piece, as it saves me time (because I don't have to glue the 2 pieces together and add tape around the area where they connect, etc...)

I add extra tape and tattoo tape around the wafer, as it adds extra protection, especially if I start with a leak, and it has saved me multiple times from a messy mess!

Granted, I would love to still stay with Hollister, but I can't afford them with or without insurance.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions!

mild_mannered_super_hero
Jul 29, 2023 12:39 am

Try looking for your Hollister product on eBay. There are a lot of estate ostomy supplies on there if you diligently search for them. I have been buying mine there exclusively for several years. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

IGGIE
Jul 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Guys, you have to fight with your government to be able to get all your ostomy products for free as we do in Australia and also in England. But you have to get together and fight for your life. It was done here because some people got off their ass and fought for their rights. It can be done, but someone has to start the ball rolling. Regards, IGGIE