Life

Replies
Views
chela54
Jul 05, 2024 10:06 pm

Login to see image

I don't know if I will end up with a bag again,  need to do my hip first this year. I had a colostomy 2 times before but had reversals,  this time doc said it would be permanent. I just don't know,  my hubby was my supporter but he passed 3 yrs ago. Not looking either, I just don't know how to deal with it this time.

I love to stay home and go outside in my patio watch my puppy get full of mud ☺️ my daughter taking care of her plants, go for rides in the 55 Chevy my son inherited from my hubby. I don't do much can't afford it, I was looking forward to our retirement income. But a selfish person whom we trusted in his big company,  putting our retirement in it decided to embezzle it all, ours and 50 other clients. I don't trust anyone anymore,  I ask alot of questions now. Was grateful to the Lord my David wasn’t here to see it. So this is my updated story.

warrior
Jul 06, 2024 1:49 am

I'm sorry for your loss.  welcome back

You knew the first time you joined, this was a decent place to be. Now, its simply an amazing place to be. 

I read yur first two posts. What a turn around, huh?

Rest assured whatever type of comfort u need, we are here.

You have your children for support now . Is there some you can talk to professionally? 

Or someone u can confine in?  If not, I am sure u can find many folks here eager to listen. 

Now, abt that Chevy? 🥰.. (sorry, car guy here, my brother had one with tilt nose on it)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Jul 06, 2024 10:12 am

Hello chela54.
Thank you for sharing you story. There is not a great deal anyone can say aprt from offering our sinsere empathy for you situation.
In my case, I am pleased to be able to compose a rhyme to try to capture my disgust at these sorts of people being able to profit from other people’s vulnerability.
It takes a lot of coming to terms with, but it sounds as if you have the right attitude and resilience to adjust as best you can.
Best wishes
Bill 

WHEN TRUST IS BUSTED.

For some, their selfishness is such
they can’t be trusted very much, 
as their lives are based on greed
instead of people’s basic need.

The trouble is, it’s hard to know
because their motives aren’t on show,
so they can con their way into
complex ploys for scamming you.

They’re clever at this scamming game
and as false friendship is their aim,
it helps them gain your trust until
they can then use their scamming skill.

When trust is busted in this way
it’s hard to know just what to say
about this iniquitous pitfall
to ease the trauma of it all.

It’s like the loss of someone dear,
it gets you like a sharpened spear,
the grief is ever present near
and it will rarely disappear. 

It knocks your confidence in folk
and puts on you a heavy yoke
that you then have to carry round
until solutions can be found.

When a scammer is at fault
it should be seen as an assault 
and treated as a crime, like some
where grievous mental harm is done.

These people should be punished hard 
and all their assets should be barred. 
Perhaps their assets should be spread
among those that they scammed instead. 

B. Withers 2024

Morning glory
Jul 06, 2024 1:43 pm

I am sorry  for your loss. It is good that you found your way back to the site. 

TerryLT
Jul 06, 2024 9:07 pm

You have had a tough time for sure, but I'm glad you found your way back here.  We will all be here for you, whether it's for a short time, or more permanently.  You are in the right place.  Take good care of yourself.

Terry

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
aTraveler
Jul 11, 2024 6:45 pm

If you get a third colostomy don't fret you have experienced how it should be managed and know that you are capable of managing it. Don't be afraid to try/experiment and fail, most of us have. Through our failures we learn what works and what doesn't work. Don't be afraid to ask questions. 😊