Crohn's Recurrence After Ileostomy - What Were Your Symptoms?

Replies
Views
rosebud621
Jul 13, 2024 12:50 am

Has anyone had a recurrence of Crohn's after an ileostomy? What are your symptoms?

warrior
Jul 13, 2024 3:06 am

Yep. 🙋‍♂️ What happened after the ileo surgery in 2016? The bleeding from the stump at the rectum would not stop. Several years of meds to control it failed. At this 7th year mark, doctors confirmed CD in the rectum. It had to be removed. It was in 2023.

Now... arthritis has gone into overdrive. Is RA a symptom of IBD?

Your question is a bit tricky.

You mention CD with an ileo. Any symptoms?

There is colitis (UC).

There are people here with UC or CD, and either an ileo or colostomy.

I think the better question would be "Do you feel cured of IBD now that you wear a stoma?"

Because what really are symptoms of CD? The assumption is bowel issues should be gone if the diseased colon is removed. True or false?

AND... remember all those meds you took back in the day of flare-ups? Who's to say those meds made latent symptoms now rear their ugly heads?

To blame IBD for side effects or symptoms because of these meds needs thought.

BIOLOGICALS. Just the word alone gives me chills.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

MildCapricorn76
Jul 13, 2024 3:20 am

Yes, symptoms were similar to before surgery: abdominal pain/cramps, change in output from stoma, nausea, chills, weight loss/changes.

rosebud621
Jul 13, 2024 2:55 pm
Reply to MildCapricorn76

Sorry you are going through that just when you thought it was over, so am I. Have they put you on any meds that are helping? So many have side effects. Feel better.