Managing Output Timing in Projects

Replies
Views
olderone
Oct 01, 2024 1:56 am

Hi all, does anyone have suggestions on how to have a fairly regular time to have output from a colostomy? I have a lot of output daily between 5 and 7 pm, very inconvenient. A few hours later would be really good. Thoughts?

Beachboy
Oct 01, 2024 2:03 am

Start a food diary.  Eat something:  Note the time and type of food.  Record when you had output.  After awhile, you probably will see a pattern.  You could alter your lunchtime, food type... or both.

I have a colostomy.  Sometimes nothing comes out for 2 days.  Other times... I'm emptying my bag 3 times in a couple of hours.  Early morning is when my stoma is inactive 

You should also investigate stomal irrigation.  A technique which would allow prediction of output time, and eliminate the wafer and bag.  Not everyone is a candidate for it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Oct 01, 2024 3:03 am

When and what you eat is key. 

MsPriss
Oct 01, 2024 3:05 pm

Yes and no, I work with my body. I can’t just do it whenever I want. 

I have output in the morning after I eat, with regularity.

So if I don’t want output, I don’t eat until lunch - problem solved.

Controlling afternoon output is harder for me. Sometimes I output in the evenings, sometimes nothing after breakfast/lunch.