My supply is dry!

Replies
Views
beatrice
Jan 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Login to see image

Just thought I'd share this little smile that my hubby and I had together recently.

So me -- ileo Dec 09 after many years of Uc and then protectomy Nov 11.

Hubby -- no diagnosed bowel problems, but he's a guy with a very sensitive digestive system. Can eat a meal and if something is off (too much fibre, fat, whatever) he's in the loo in a flash. If he's stressed, he can get diarrhea.

It was one of those times for him. He usually just sees if a couple 'good poops' will do the trick before he takes something. Well, this time, he needed to take something. Who to ask? Me of course!! The gal who used to have Imodium everywhere. In the car, in various rooms in the house, in all my purses, in all my coats, even in our shed. I am not kidding. There was no way I would ever be without my Imodium.

And guess what ... I could say "I don't have any

Login to see image

"

We both smiled because he knows what this means to me.

And then I went to the drugstore to get him some.

Have a great day, all!
Past Member
Jan 11, 2012 6:41 pm
Love it Beatrice!

Login to see image

And long may it continue too!! Sounds like your recovery is going well? Well I'm delighted for you and may 2012 be a happy and healthier one for you too! Take care, Colm
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

bag_n_drag
Jan 11, 2012 6:45 pm
Beatrice -

Wow

Login to see image

This speaks volumes!

So happy to hear that you are at this point in your recovery process.  I celebrate and rejoice with you in your continued journey!

Darla
Past Member
Jan 11, 2012 8:54 pm
Good for you!

Isn't it great not to be dependant on all those forms of medication

Login to see image

ilsn2u
Jan 17, 2012 2:29 am
Awesome.  I have an ileo since 2006, and take 8 Immodium tabs per day.  Wish I could quit!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Primeboy
Jan 17, 2012 4:05 am
I have an ileo and all my output is liquid. I was taking DTO as well as a ton of Imodium. I decided to stop taking Imodium; and, guess what, my output continued as before but I started to lose weight. I can't complain about how I feel now and I am taking 8 less pills a day. Sometimes you have to go with the flow.  Sorry.    PB
beatrice
Jan 17, 2012 8:22 pm
My output goes from liquid to pudding. You know ... I never even thought to take Imodium or such for my ileo output. It was always a drug associated with bum diarehea

Login to see image

I empty often ... output goes from liquid to pudding depending on what I've eaten. Does the Imodium really slow things down (wondering if it would be a 'sometimes' option for days when I know emptying often isn't as convenient)?