How Often Do You Change Your Bag and Tips for Cleaning?

Replies
Views
pammer
Mar 09, 2014 3:21 pm
I was just wondering how often most people change their bag? Not the flange but the actual bag. Any tips on hiw to get it really clean in between changes?
vikinga
Mar 10, 2014 2:14 am
Hi Pammer,

I sometimes pour a little water into the mouth of the bag and then hold the mouth upwards to let the water wash back and then let the mouth down to the toilet to drain. It helps

Login to see image

As far as how often I change my bag, since I wear a one piece, I usually have to change every three days. It will all depend on how even your skin is, how well you dry your skin after washing with no soaps or lotions, and how good a seal you are getting. It takes time to get the hang of it and finding the right product for you.

Lisbett
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

pammer
Mar 10, 2014 11:17 am
Thank you for the tips. Today is day 19 since my surgery so I am still very new to all this.

regards,

pammer
edithmbooth
Mar 10, 2014 5:15 pm
As often as I feel the need to....guess "poop" is still set in my mind as stinky......once in the bag though I have to remind myself that I do not stink!!!!!

.my insurance coverage is great so that makes the changes so much easier to afford.

Hoping this helps!