Urostomy Glue Dissolving and Bag Issues in Hot Weather

Replies
Views
bymeown
Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Hence bag leaking or falling off completely..anyone had similar problem..not sure if its sweat under pouch ring or urine doing the dissolving but does seem a lot worse in hot weather...open to any advice

Bill
Sep 03, 2016 7:12 am

Hello bymeown. Thanks for the post as you have grasped the problem so consicely and I am looking forward to hearing lots of replies.

As I have a colostomy, I could not put the problem down to urine but it might well be sweat, as I do a lot of that.

I have a peculiarity that I'll share, just in case someone has some ideas. one side of the wafer usually stays stuck fine.  The other side does not and that is the side where it will leak and come away from  the skin. What I have noticed is that when, after removing the wafer,  I come to remove the adhesive, there is heaps of it stuck to the skin on the side where it doesn't stick so well and hardly any on the side where it stuck perfectly. To my way of thinking, this indicates that the adhesive is sticking to the skin but actually coming off the wafer. Interesting! but I have no idea why.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.