Tips for Removing Stains from Fine Clothing and Linens

Replies
Views
Maryellen
Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Does anyone have any tips for stain removal? I have had my ostomy for many years. Leaks or appliance failures are inevitable and occur for all of us at times. I am a lover of fine clothing and linens. Does anyone have any tips on methods or products you are willing to share? Please let me know!

xnine
Aug 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Get after it quickly and let soak. Do not dry it until stain is gone. I think any stain remover or soap is all the same.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mrs.A
Aug 06, 2017 3:50 am

Hi Maryellen,

Peroxide is a good stain remover and should do no harm unlike bleach. If you need extra strength you could add some baking soda and it should fizz up and remove the stain. Vinegar will do the same also. But it's true, you have to get it a.s.a.p.

Angelicamarie
Aug 08, 2017 11:25 am

Hi Maryellen. Try dawn once it happens get it right away. Put dawn on stain rub it in the stain , throw it in machine it might have to be done again but it works!!! Good luck!

angelicamarie