Switching from Coloplast 1 pc to 11474 or 10512 - Opinions?

Replies
Views
Maried
Apr 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi

Does anyone use the Coloplast 11474 and 10512? I have been using a 1 pc. But would like the convenience of just removing the bag because after one day of wear it just smells.

Puppyluv56
Apr 21, 2019 12:21 am

I don’t need any pouches but there are lots on here that are uninsured so hopefully you can pass those along. 

I rinse my pouch after any use but irrigate so that is not so much! It certainly helps with the odor. 

None of the other odor methods seem to work very well! Itnis unfortunate!

puppy! 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Apr 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Try a two piece, Maried....of whatever brand.  I use them and I think you'll like them.  If you have to cut to fit, they're much easier to deal with and you can change the bag whenever you want to without taking the whole thing off.  Good luck.

Puppyluv56
Apr 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Yep, as weird new life says, the two piece system seems to be the best fit for me. I can keep a flange on for over 10 days and usually the bag as well, but because the filters are pretty useless in all of the pouches, I have started to change the pouch every 5 day or so, depending on the abuse it has endured in that time frame. If you have not tried them, call Coloplast, Convetec and Hollister for their samples! 

Puppy

A