Latest Developments in Growing Intestines Using Stem Cells

Replies
Views
w30bob
Nov 25, 2019 6:33 am

Hi Gang,

I try to follow the progress on how they're making out with growing new intestines from stem cells.  Being short gutted this is really the only hope I have for getting rid of my bag, closing up this hole in my abdomen (that isn't supposed to be there) and getting my life back to normal. But there hasn't been a lot written about any real progress lately. I did just find this article and am posting the link here in case anyone else is interested.  If anyone has any better info on progress made please post the link here.

Regards,

Bob

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190607193705.htm

Bill
Nov 25, 2019 8:40 am

Hello Bob.

Thanks very much for the link. I found the article very interesting, even if it does sound like a long way from being of any practical application.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.