Frequent Nighttime Gas and Sleep Disruption: Solutions?

Replies
Views
ilsing4u
Oct 15, 2020 4:11 am

I have been getting gas at night about every 30 min having to burp that often and can't sleep cause bag gets so tight I'm afraid it will explode is there a way to stop this from happening

Past Member
Oct 15, 2020 5:19 am

Hi I'll, 

I get a lot of gas also and know what you mean. I suggest anti-gas tablets. I've heard many people say they use beano. Try it I think it will make a difference for you.   ...mtnman. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lovely
Oct 15, 2020 6:54 am

You may look up on line what foods cause a lot of gas and advoid them. especially in the late evening. Also as Mtnman suggested try some  beano. Good luck and stay safe

Puppyluv56
Oct 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Hey,

i'm thinking this may be food related as well. Many beverages caused that as well. I do not drink any carbonated beverages ever. I know there are several foods that cause me problems and I try to stay away from those foods at all times. Do you use a pouch that has a filter? I know that the filters don't work once they get wet. I know when my pouch fills with gas it will shortly flatten again once the gas has time to seep through the filter. Filters aren't all that great but they do work on a new pouch for about two days if you're lucky. But like mountain man said, there are many Anti-gas tablets that you can take as well. Beano? Gas-X, etc.

Puppyluv