Full Body Scanners at O'Hare: Experiences and Tips for Ostomy Patients

Replies
Views
j-pouchman
Mar 09, 2010 2:54 am
Hey guys, Jeff from Chicago here. I hope everyone is feeling well. I have flown many many times. I have never had any issues with security & my Ostomy! But..... Ohare Airport just installed full body scanners, what does that mean for us? I know there are some cards out there that you can hand security that tells that we have certain medical issues. But in todays world, that means nothing! Has anyone gone through these scanners yet & what do we do to alert security prior to flying???
Jax
Mar 09, 2010 6:19 am
Hi, there is actually a thread on the site regarding travel and stuff to go with it. If you go the forum home page and find Travel (about 10 down I think) there is a question there on Airport Security. Hope this gives your answer.

JAx

I am also travelling this year to Canada and expect to get the come questions, so I suppose the thing to do is, is just be prepared. Get a Travel Certificate  from your stoma nurse and this should help you out.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.