DAMN APPLIANCES

Replies
Views
lily22
Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm
Hello everybody!!! i need some guidence on which appliances i should use next!!The one i amcurrently using is being discontinued! so i have only had my colostomy bag for about 2 years and I have used the same appliance by convatec since day one... my stoma is extremly small and very lose to my stomach so i need to have a funnel to the appliance because i have a lot of trouble with "pancaking". Also I need a drainable pouch because im one of those people who have to empty it constantly! if anyone has a similar situation as me and loves the appliance they are using i would love to know what one it is, it would be very appreciated!! ive tryed so many and im getting frustrated!!

THANK YOU!!!!

DiscoBagBaby
Jan 11, 2012 11:12 pm
Have you tried Hollister...I believe that they are the best product out there! I have never had any problems with them! You should contact them and they will send you free samples....Good luck and let us all know how it goes and what one you go with.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lily22
Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm
thank you so much i will :)
DiscoBagBaby
Jan 11, 2012 11:29 pm
You bet...I even have some that I can send to you if you want me to. Or, not sure where you get your supply's from but if you call edgepark medical supply I believe that they will be able to send you over free samples also and ask them to send you a catalog go to www.eadgpark.com and check it out....Good Luck To YOU!!! :-)
tess45
Jan 12, 2012 12:12 am
Lily you can either call or email all of the manufacturers and they will send you out samples no charge - I use Hollister myself - have you tried using eakin rings and maybe stacking them so that they are shaped like a funnel into the bag?

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Lc7jd7
Jan 12, 2012 1:33 am
I use and love Hollister products. I order the pre-cut flange and also use a wafer to get a good seal.
eddie
Jan 14, 2012 2:44 pm
I use Hollister flexwear barriers they are convex(my stoma was flush with my body) # 15402 and convex rings # 79520. My stoma is also very small, see if they will send you some samples.eddie
latina63
Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am
I use Convatec Natura Moldable 2pc and they work great, no cutting and it creates a turtleneck around the stoma..love it!
TB Cat
Jan 17, 2012 5:10 pm
I tried several Hollister pouching systems and none worked as well as the Cymed system I currently use. I recommend a Cymed pouch with a Hollister Adapt Barrier Ring. Free samples for these can be obtained by calling each respective company. The barrier rings do an excellent job creating the turtleneck around the stoma for a better seal.