Struggling to Find a Colostomy Supply Company That Accepts Cigna

Replies
Views
4dogs
Feb 19, 2022 1:52 am

I have had my colostomy since September of 2021. As of 1/2/22, I can't find a company in my insurance network. I had Medicare and now I have Cigna, and I have tried three different companies, and none take Cigna. I am so frustrated. I go to all the trouble of giving them all my information, and then two days later, they tell me I am not in their network. Does anyone have Cigna that can suggest a company I can use?

lovely
Feb 19, 2022 3:17 am

Have you called Cigna and given them a list of suppliers to see if they are in their network? I would think that would be better than calling all the suppliers and having to fill forms.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Feb 19, 2022 5:26 am

4 dogs, look at my profile page since that's the only place I can post a picture. It shows a list of ostomy supply companies on Cigna's website. I presume that means those are the ones Cigna uses but I'm not sure. And if you can't see it, let me know.

4dogs
Feb 20, 2022 2:28 am
Reply to AlexT

Thank you for that, but several on the list are the ones I applied to and two days later they called me and said they were no longer in the network. 180 Medical doesn't carry Coloplast products, CCS is no longer in their network, and Byram is no longer in their network. I have tried Adapt but I haven't heard back yet. I read reviews and they have bad reviews. I am desperate, so I will go with them if I have no other choice. I will try Edgepark because I haven't tried them yet. I appreciate you putting that list up.

AlexT
Feb 20, 2022 4:29 am

You're welcome. Your best bet is to call Cigna.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Mermaid13
Mar 02, 2022 2:01 am

I have cigna and use Medline ,

sweetsandygoodwin
May 02, 2022 3:06 am

I have Cigna and am also in Georgia. I order Coloplast supplies from Comfort Medical and it's covered by my insurance.