Thank Your WOCN: National WOCN Week Appreciation!

Replies
Views
AlexT
Apr 20, 2022 2:45 pm

It's national WOCN week this week. Send your wound/ostomy nurse a note saying thank you for what they do. Most of us would be pretty clueless about our ostomies/wounds without them. I'm taking donuts in to mine on Friday since I have an appointment with her.

Past Member
Apr 20, 2022 3:53 pm

I'm sure donuts will brighten their day. Good luck with your appointment on Friday, Alex.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,875 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Abefroman1969
Apr 20, 2022 5:17 pm

I wish I had known this before my appointment today! I have the in-home stoma nurse tomorrow and I know she loves coffee, Dunk's card it is!

Past Member
Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm
Reply to Abefroman1969

She will love that! I assume a Dunks card is the US version of a Tim's card.

AlexT
Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm
Reply to Abefroman1969

Yeah. I had an appointment yesterday with my wound/ostomy nurses but didn't find out until I was done. So, Friday it is for saying thanks.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Caz67
Apr 20, 2022 6:58 pm

Better late than never, however, I'm sure a nice letter/email would be just as welcome. I know when my patients send cards or letters of gratitude, it means so much to me and a job well done. XX

RaenotRay
Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm

I love this! Donuts and coffee sound like a perfect thank you!

Abefroman1969
Apr 20, 2022 7:33 pm
Reply to Anonymous

Yes, it is.