Saltwater Impact on Wear-Time Post-Operation: Tips?

Replies
Views
Past Member
Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a tangible difference in wear-time if your in saltwater. Going on vacation to the ocean for the first time since my operation. Is there anything specific I should know?

AlexT
Jul 09, 2022 8:41 pm

Shark Week starts July 24th. 😁

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Earth Angel
Jul 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Hi WOG,

I’m a beach girl and was in Turks & Caicos for a week last year. I was in the water much of the day, each day. You can certainly enjoy swimming! The only thing I’d say is that you’ll probably need to change your pouch more often than usual. I changed mine every other day and had no issues at all. The water will loosen up your appliance, however it takes a bit so as long as your cognizant of it- you’ll be fine. 
Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

😇