Urostomy Care: Dealing with Bubbles in Your Pouch

Replies
Views
jenibritish
Aug 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just read a post from Gary from last year about finding information for urostomites - which is very frustrating.  When searching we usually find other types of ostomy information.  So, I decided to start a thread just for urostomy.  And the first questions is - yesterday I had bubbles in my pouch and after emptying it 3 or 4 times, the bubbles finally went away.  But I don't know what caused this.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is it something to be concerned about?

NancyAnn
Aug 14, 2022 6:46 am

I have had my urostomy for over 60 years and I think the bubbles are possibly just air. I get them quite a bit and doesn't seem to be anything bad.

As always if you are not sure or concerned ask your doctor or if you have an ostomy nurse ask them.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bryce
Aug 15, 2022 8:16 pm

Eleven years with an Ileal Conduit and there are always bubbles.....never a problem. 

Agree with NancyAnn above, about talking to your MD / ET Nurse if need be to set your mind at ease.

Best

PS: Thanks for the Urostomy thread.