Seeking Second Opinions on Surgery Recovery and Trusting Your Doctor

Replies
Views
car1951
May 31, 2010 1:30 am
I understand--its scary when you don't recover well from surgeries.  Been there--done that--don't want the tshirt.  Do you trust your Doctor?  That is what it comes down to--if not, go for another opinion.  It does sound like your only solution from you description of the problem but you are the one that will live with the results.  

I have an ileu and a colostomy from a bad hernia surgery.  The ileu is different--mine is hyperactive and I dump 20 to 25 times a day.  You may not--a lot of my intestine was removed due to the damage.  You need a good ostomy nurse to help you find the combination that will work for you--take this oportunity to find one.  One really good thing you have done is to find this site--lots of good information floating around and the ability to ask questions.  There are other sites and I recommend you join them also.  What I have learned from these sites has made my life much easier.  Don't assume this information is easy to come by in the ordinary medical community--we are a real minority.

God bless--I'll add you to my prayers.  You are not alone.

Login to see image

Past Member
May 31, 2010 8:21 pm
so im not the only one freqenting the porclain throne that often in a day

Login to see image

wouldnt be so bad if we could sit down and read a book LOL think of the education we would have

Login to see image

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.