Sleeping Issues with Drainage Bag Due to Blood Thinners

Replies
Views
NicGiy
Jan 08, 2023 12:01 am

I take blood thinners and for some reason, the bag on my side that is connected to my drainage bag puts so much pressure on the bag on my side that it pushes against the stoma and I end up with blood in my urine. I don't know why this has never happened before I started taking blood thinners. Does anybody know if there is a device I can snap to my side that has a drainage spout that would hook up directly to my drainage bag and not the bag that hangs on my side that's causing me a problem due to pressure on the stoma?

Killshot_24523
Jan 08, 2023 12:48 am

I'm not really sure what you're saying about the night bag. However, I use a Coloplast Sensura Mio Click 2-piece appliance. I wear it horizontally. At night, I use a Coloplast night bag that has a very light flexible hose that plugs directly into the pouch drain. I changed sides of the bed with my wife so the tube just hangs off my right side and down to the night bag. I hang the night bag on the bed rail so there is no pressure on my bag.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Axl
Jan 08, 2023 5:11 am

Hello Nic, I gather you are talking about urostomy?

gentlejohn
Jan 09, 2023 2:18 pm

It sounds like your stoma is having problems because of the barrier. An enterostomal nurse should be able to help you with a better fit.