Hot Ride to Lake of the Ozarks for Lunch at Tan-Tara Resort

Replies
Views
swiffer
Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm
It was 105 with the humidity but we still decided to ride to the Lake of the Ozarks about 75 miles away from where my friend Laban and i met to ride.

Login to see image

We rode to the Tan- Tara Resort for lunch .Here is a pic of it from the sky i got from their site.

Login to see image

We had lunch in their dinning room that had old canoes hanging from the walls with fountains and animals {stuffed } watching us eat.

Login to see image

Here we are after lunch {i had a Ruben sandwich with fries and sweet tea} standing on their deck with the Lake behind us. There are 1500 miles of shore line so we will be going back often. {See hard to notice i am wearing a pouch}

Login to see image

Login to see image

three
Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am
Hi Swiffer,

Sure sounds like a fun adventure.  When I look at the top photo, I think how funny it would be to see you borrow that blue scooter and ride it down the highway with the wind in your face, and yes, no one would ever know what you're packing under your shirt in the bottom photo.  

I am still licensed to ride anything I want, but I haven't used that licence for more than 20 years.

Enjoy the wind and I hope a bee never gets under your visor,

three
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

swiffer
Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am
That scooter was there when i pulled in.

Login to see image

It is amazing how many people ride them these days. For someone that is just learning to ride they are a great idea. I even live by a retired Highway patrolman that rides his all the time. I would really like to ride in British Columbia someday with you. I bet there are some great twisty roads there.
three
Jul 26, 2010 1:59 am
The Fraser Canyon (couple of hours east of Vancouver) is incredible in some places — I drove many 40 ft. MCI's through its twists and turns when I worked for Greyhound in the early 80's.  Largest bike I ever rode was a Kawasaki 750cc; however, I wouldn't attempt the canyon without first experiencing some advanced rider training and a lot of practice.
swiffer
Jul 26, 2010 3:32 pm
I like the 750s .Here is a pic of my Honda 750. It is great around town but has been bobbed so much it is not a highway bike anymore. Huge motor little frame.

Login to see image

Now this is my VTX 1800 It has a 1795 cc motor and weighs 800 lbs with out a load so it stays pretty much where you point it. If you do ever get one again i suggest a large heavy bike .They really are much easier to ride.

Login to see image

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
lexus1
Jul 27, 2010 1:32 am
Well! It looks like you had a blast Swiffer! I am saving up for another bike within 2 years. I just want a yamaha v-star. low and light for my 5'2". Keep it in the wind. lex
swiffer
Jul 27, 2010 2:17 am
Yes the v star is a great bike and will run forever.
PJT
Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm
What a great adventure Swiffer! It makes me long for my old Kawasaki. I used to meet a friend from New Jersey who had a BMW (show off) and we would head for upstate New York in the fall, cruising the back roads and eating in roadside diners. One of life's great pleasures! This picture's from the early 1980's.

PJT

Login to see image

swiffer
Jul 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Great pic. Yep you find the best places on the back roads. Funny how something will make a person think about the good old days. I miss mine. Had a great time in the 70,s and 80,s