Being in hot water

Replies
Views
funnygurl
Aug 04, 2010 4:46 am
I am often in hot water---by choice!  I love hot springs and swimming.  I used convatec Esteem Synergy  and nothing extra except I use the mini pouches without filters so they don't leak and are less obvious under my bathing suit.   The flanges actually seem to stay on longer when exposed to heat and i often et longer times out of my flanges as a result.  I often spend a lot of time in the hottest parts of the hot springs.  i just wade in and rarly think about my pouch or flange.
elli bean
Aug 08, 2010 12:21 am
Lucky you, I can't even bathe without needing to change the bag after! I looked at the Esteem bags but I only found left sided available on the site. Anyway I'd have to change it right after since there's no way I can get away walking around with no filter; ballooning is bad enough as it is for me WITH filters. And I think it would get expensive to change after every exposure, unless you get bags for free, which I do, but they're maxi only and if I order new ones too often they ask what the hell's going on that I need so many. I really miss showering every day or two.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Chris1
Aug 18, 2010 7:05 am
I too enjoy going to a hot springs every weekend practically and probably spend 4 or 5 hours total in the water.  I use Holister products with filters. If I cover the filter with a tape strip no water gets inside ... without tape just a small amount gets inside which seens more like condensation than water leaking in. I too find that the flange will usually last longer having been exposed to all the hot water compared to just shower water.