Surgery is completed and recovery is done....(O:

Replies
Views
dee05
Aug 23, 2010 2:15 am
Hi everyone

Im back...

I had my take down surgery on May 6th and I now have a permanent colostomy bag... they closed the rectum and took down the pelvic pouch./  I am very happy with my decision.

It was a tough recovery but now I am healthy and happy.

I will be joining as a full member soon so I am looking foreward to chatting with my new friends.

You all have giving me the strength and coureous  to have this surgery.

After 4 surgeries I am done God willing.

Take care and talk to you all soon

Sincerely Dee
loren4life
Aug 23, 2010 2:46 am
Dee,

It'll be fun chatting with you!  Hope your recovery is complete for awhile now.  This is a great site for learning and encouragement.  Loren
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Jojoslife
Aug 23, 2010 3:27 am
you go girl , looking forward to that chat

Login to see image

beyondpar
Aug 23, 2010 1:37 pm
Dee,

Im glad you have recovered and no more surgeries.........I think you will enjoy the permanency and the fact that you will now embrace your decision and move onward with living and life..........That in and of it self, knowing that the surgery game is over is liberating in its own way..

We all wish you well ..........Permanency is just as cool as temporary........LOL
PJT
Aug 23, 2010 8:07 pm
You sound so positive Dee, and that's the best route to a speedy recovery and for getting your life back on track. Good luck!

PJT

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Pinky
Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm
Hi Dee - very happy for you and hoping your recovery will be speedy (bet it will be!) I know you will not miss whatever was the problem with your internal pouch.  It's funny...I just heard a colon and rectum surgeon talking about patients "getting their lives back" after reversing temporary ostomies...just shows that not many docs "get it"!       Pam  

Login to see image

wookie2005
Aug 24, 2010 5:08 am
Hi Dee,

I am so very happy to hear that your on the fast track to recovery. My mind is heading towards to removal of the rectum as i have read so many horror stories and i dont wish to go through so many surgeries, this was my first one, and when i woke up i was in so much pain, i dont wish that upon anyone.... and i sorry that so many of us have gone through it! This site has helped me make my desition about my next surgery... I am a young woman who has alot to give this world and i dont want to be locked in the bathroom the rest of my life! that was me before June 30th, now i am great im eating what i want im even drinking coffee again, im trying to get into part time work to keep my brain active!  I am a full member of this site and im glad i spent that money to be one. its great, i cant wait to be able to speak with you!

Take Care

Brooke

xxx
gutenberg
Aug 26, 2010 3:18 pm
Congratulations Dee, with your attitude your full recovery should be "in the bag" pun intended, but wishing you all the best, Ed.
beatrice
Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm
Hi Dee,

Love your attitude! I'm considering having my rectum removed (had ileo Dec 09) too ... and will appreciate chatting with you about the operation and how you came to your decision.

All the best,

Beatrice