Where to send spare stoma supplies

Replies
Views
ld72
Nov 11, 2010 9:04 am
hi can anyone help me find a charity that will take my ostomy supplies as they are no longer needed and i understand some 3rd world contries are needing supplies  but dont no where to send them     thanks  lisa
Past Member
Nov 11, 2010 10:10 am
My stoma nurse takes back any supplies not suitable for me, she tells me they go to 3rd world countries. That includes bags when I've changed suppliers until I've found one I'm more happy with, note I said "more happy"- not "happy"!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

weewee
Nov 11, 2010 8:20 pm
how about your local red cross or get ahold of one of the ostomy groups in your area and i bet they know someone in need
Pinky
Nov 12, 2010 1:25 am
Sometimes a local hospice will accept donated supplies - there is also an organization called "Friends of Ostomates Worldwide" but you would have to be willing to pay the shipping to Lousiville, Kentucky and it is quite expensive.

http://www.fowusa.org/newsite/page.php?page=home

FOW has a chapter now in Canada - I'm not sure about the UK.     

Login to see image