Showering

Replies
Views
Legionbarb
Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Login to see image

I use Holister disposable pouch and their flange ,I've had no problem with the products in the shower  .I had more problems with Micro skin over sticking and taking the top layer of skin off

and making me miserable . I'm back to holister and very happy
airforce1
Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm
i have had know trouble with showering with the bag on and its the same sort as yous

Login to see image

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Xerxes
Mar 10, 2011 9:17 pm
Hi Legion,

I have had problems showering with the Hollister stomahesive. It just does not hold up well with water. I have done much better with durahesive from Convatec. I can expose this to multiple washes without it coming loose.

X_
Primeboy
Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm
Hi Legion. I have used Hollister's New Image 14905 flange for the past year. So far it has held on magnificently for up to about 4 days. I have repeatedly showered with it, soaked in a hot tub, and even body surfed in the warm ocean without any leakage. I have also not had any problems when I work up a sweat (yard work, jogging or even golfing in 95 degree weather). I don't use any adhesives, only the stoma powder and the strips. I read on one of the blogs that warming up the flange with a hair blower before applying increased the adhesion. It does. So, I guess you can tell I am a big fan of Hollister. I don't work for them but I trust the quality and reliability of this product. Good luck, and visit us more often in the evening chat room.

Prime
Legionbarb
Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Login to see image

Hi Prime

I'll be in thanks for the input on showering great advice which I will try

see you tonight

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Past Member
Mar 11, 2011 4:17 am
You yourself can call up hollister or covetex and ask them so send you samples. You can also ask where you get supplies to order some for you!( I have not paid for wipes or strips for years)

This way you can try differant products without the added cost
thegoodlife
Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm
Hi, Xerxes. I have used Convatec one piece pouches since the start (5 yrs ago) and have had lots of problems with leakage, but none with exposure to water. As you said, it does hold up well. Not only for showering, but I do aquatherapy three times a week and I've never had a problem with the durahesive, even with the exposure to chlorine. I find, though, unrelated to water exposure, that with some boxes, every one of the ten leaks within 24 hrs or less, while with other boxes, I can wear them for three or four days before the adhesive breaks down enuff to start leaking. Frustrating, but I've finally gotten Medicare to allow me the number of boxes I need to make it thru the three months b4 a reorder without my having to purchase a box.

I'm going to try the suggestion from the non-Convatec user (sorry, can't remember his name - Sometimer's Disease strikes again) about warming the adhesive with a hairdryer and see if that helps.

Thanx, Lanie