Modification to Hollister clip

Replies
Views
nessy
Mar 23, 2011 11:49 pm
I've been using an O ring on the tail clip to prevent it from opening on it's own, but found the O ring wouldn't stay on ? So I filed a small groove on the underside of the clip, did this about 2 weeks ago and hasn't come off on it's own. The O ring is a 5/16" X 7/16"

Login to see image

Login to see image

Cheers Bob
three
Mar 24, 2011 5:47 am
Bob ~ wonder if you could file a patent on your modified clip.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

nessy
Mar 24, 2011 6:29 am
I don't think so three, the O ring idea came from the tips thread on here, i just came up with the groove. Pity Hollister didn't come that way.

Cheers Bob
PJT
Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm
You should really give the Convatec clip a try. I used the Hollister clip for years because it was the one I started and I figured if it's not broke, don't fix it. But I was getting the Convatecs for free with my supplies so I decided to give them a shot. I haven't looked back since and I've NEVER had an accident.
Xerxes
Mar 24, 2011 8:44 pm
PJT,

I concur 100%.

X_

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Ian
Mar 25, 2011 1:12 am
Nice. This makes me think. You could drill a hole through an end and keep it as a Keyring decoration that doubles as as spare.
markndeb20
Mar 26, 2011 2:18 pm
Nessy, Ian,

What great ideas! If you aren't already, you could both be ostomy product engineers! I guess this is why they say 'necessity is the mother of all inventions.  Thanks!

Ryan's Mom
policecar99
Mar 26, 2011 4:32 pm
I agree.  The Convatec clip is excellent.  You can feel it clip into place so you have no worries.
friendly
Mar 26, 2011 10:31 pm
hi

i had the unfortunate experience of the clip coming undone a couple of times and came up with the idea of using 2 clips.  never had an accident since.  if one comes undone, the second one is highly unlikely to come undone at the same time.
Ian
Mar 27, 2011 1:31 am
I've been using these clips since they took the rubberbands away.

The main difference is that one clip ( i'm using the museum computer so i cant check and see which one i have on now.) has a Secondry Seal/cliplock along the top of the inner bit so the outer bit clicks over the back/top. (aswell as the cliplock at the  end). this is counterproductive. excess presure forces the outer part of the clip to push apart.

if you use (and why not) you can use this clips to keep freezer burn out of you frozen vege, you will notice that the clip clicks. the warmer the clip, the sloppier the click.

I have never ever thought of the two clip idea. BRILLIANT.x2
Ian
Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm
Check out my Profile picture. After 33yrs i can staple my bags on. lol/Ha Ha Ha.

Anywho if you swap the keyring for string/wool/shoelace etc.you have the safest option i can think of.