My past

Replies
Views
Danielle529
Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm

So i am 27 years old, i have no kids and have never been married. I have had my ileostomy for3 years now, and it is permanent. I had a temporary one for about a year and i had it reversed, but the reversal failed and i had a permanent one put on. I was originally diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2005, and then after three surgeries and the reversal, i was rediagnosed with Crohns disease in 2006. Since having the ileostomy put back on, i have been relatively healthy, so i am thankful, but at the same time i sometimes think to myself why did this happen. I know i cannot think like this because i cant live my life like that. So i try to have a positive outlook on life because with all that i have been through i really shouldnt be here. So i am thankful for my life now.

rita
Apr 13, 2010 5:10 pm
I know what you mean. Mine was life or death also, but it is very wierd sometimes. I was in the bathroom on an airplane, and I just leaned over, cause I happened to poo when changing it, and I thought, wow, if someone looked in right now, and I was poo'ing from my stomach, they would freak out. I had to laugh tho...soooo strange...
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

redzone13
Apr 16, 2010 10:38 am
Your story is very familiar to me. I had pretty much the same problem. I was first diagnosed with UC and had a series of j-pouch surgeries only to find out I have Crohn's. It's half a year since I've had a permanent ileostomy. It's good to hear you have been healthy afterwards. It gives me hope for the future.
misstracyann2484
May 24, 2010 6:17 am
i would love to chat with you! your story sounds oh so similar to mine. i just recently had my ileostomy reversed and i have a j pouch and i am already having problems with it. i am not over this mentally. i am having a terrible time dealing with this.