Howdy

Replies
Views
Firegirl25
Sep 28, 2010 1:05 am
Hello osteomates!! Haven't posted in awhile and wanted to say HEY. I hope everyone is doing well and finding comfort with themselves. Have the stomach bug going through my house now. I haven't gotten it yet, and am keeping my fingers crossed that I dodge this one!! Well, summer is over and the cold weather is near.I ran outside in the rain this evening, it was a little chilly. Almost time to use the treadmill again. I bought the Hip Hop Abs workout DVDs today and should receive them nextweek. I need to strengthen my abdominals more. If this works I will let you all know. I am trying to find a work out that doesn't mess with "stella the stoma" so much.Have any of the ladies here found flattering/ stylish jeans?I have been wearing the ones that go up to my belly button and are huge to accomodate the bag. I was just wondering if there was a brand that anyone likes. Well, I hope everyone is well. Take care
Past Member
Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm
G'day Firegirl, how ya goin',

Since staying in the States I have discovered "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" and find these are really comfy and look pretty good too! (If not a bit pricey). Mid rise so not too harry-high-pants, but I've never liked the low rise hipster look anyhoo, even on the skinniest girls they tend to look strange methinks (not to mention make 'em walk like they have a pole up their bum!).

Otherwise, for a cheaper version, I like the Lee riders, even the "shaper" ones don't smoosh in your stoma (I wear a convex base so that's never been a problem) but give you a really nice shape and they have plenty of room in the thighs which I need (being of the "thunder" variety!).

Let us know how the Abs DVD works out, definitely a good move to keep the core muscles in shape with an ostomy, hey.

Happy shopping/working out!

Cheers me dear,

Jo x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Oct 14, 2010 8:24 pm
I have not a clue about ladies jeans but I got a new ostomy belt, Stealth Belt. I dont' see why it wouldn't work for women? Since I got it, I started running again and tucking in my shirts, it holds my bag (2 piece system) horizontaly above my belt line. I love it.

James
mooza
Oct 28, 2010 5:21 am
hi firegirl havnt chatted to u 4 ages wats up u working ..Oh well hope to chat sum time cheers mare-mooza