Your blog entry title goes here

Replies
Views
julietuk38
Jan 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Login to see image

Hi everyone,my name is Juliet,i'm a newbie here so just finding my way around this site.I don't have full membership.but i can reply to messages,and i'm looking forward to making some good friends.I am due to undergo a Urostomy,as i have had many operations and all failed as i have Fowlers Syndrome(Nerve damage).I'm a bit nervous about the operation,and to how the bag will feel,look etc,and how i will look.

Login to see image

Hope everyone is doing well with your bag friends.Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Take Care.

Juliet. x x x

Login to see image

lottagelady
Jan 30, 2011 10:07 am
Hi Juliet and welcome - hope you like the site. Feel free to ask anything in the forum - no question is 'silly'!
Take care and good luck with your surgery,
Rach xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

makemelaaf
Jan 31, 2011 10:02 am
Juliet,
Congrats on your impending surgery! I pray you do well and heal quickly. You will have a new found sense of freedom after the surgery. The bag will enable you to get out of the house and live again! You must have a positive attitude and dont worry about how it looks or how it will feel. You will have a body image issue for awhile(or I did) then you jump up one day, put on your regular clothes and dust yourself off and live. Smell the flowers and enjoy life! We learn to cope and being on this site with all these friends, you will have something I did not have and that was a support system! Good luck and let us know how you are as you recuperate'
Karen
Past Member
Feb 08, 2011 9:16 pm
Good luck!
julietuk38
Feb 08, 2011 10:37 pm
Thankyou Lottagelady,it's nice to know that we all can chat freely on here and support each other,well hospital called me today to say i should defo be in next week,at last i can have this dam tube removed from my uretha which is driving me nuts lol.
Take care hun. Juliet. xx

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
julietuk38
Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am
thankyou makemelaugh,so nice to know that everyone on this site is so warm and friendly,well ive just been told today by my sureon,that i will need a colostomy bag also,im trying to stay positive and happy,but problems at home are causing me to be down alot.Ive sent off for sample bags etc,one thing i am worried about is leaking,smelling and my looks,im not over confident as it is with my body.Looks loke i will need to just add more miles whiles i go cycling.LOL. Nice to have support,hope your well today,take care karen. x
julietuk38
Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am
Thankyou horsegurl
Hope that you are well,take care.
Juliet.